Thursday, February 26, 2009

Disappointed and a favor

I am so dissapointed right now! I found out that the camp(for autistic children) that our chapter supports may not happen this year or it might be that most people can not afford it!
Each camper has 10n 1 counselors but right now they can not get any sponsers. Normally it is 300 per child and per counselor to attend but they have always gotten sponsers so that parents only pay 50.00 for the camp. I know the economy is bad and it just breaks my heart that these children might have to pay for that!
We still have our walk planned for March and hopefully we will have a big turnout. I do have a favor we are planning a recipe book for a fundraiser and I wanted to know if anyone has any recipes that they would be willing to be put in the book! if you do please either write them in the comment section or email me at basketballmomma@gmail.com .
Templates



quick pages/brag books


elements




papers


3 comments:

  1. The casualties of this economy are ultimately going to be our children. It is just so sad.

    I have a recipe for a bean dip which is pretty healthy and delicious and believe me, coming from someone who is addicted to high fat foods, I'm not one to put "delicious" and "healthy" in the same sentence:

    one can of cannellini beans, rinsed

    2-3 garlic cloves

    1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil (more if you want it)

    a handful of fresh parsley

    couple of tablespoons of fresh lemon juice (I always add more)

    an ounce or two of feta cheese (don't have to add this, but I'm a cheese-aholic)

    salt and pepper

    Dump it all in a food processor and chop/pulse it until it's blended well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No recipes sorry . . . I'm not a very good cook so you wouldn't want any from me!!

    I hope you can raise the necessary funds. That's sad if it doesn't happen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for this Freebie. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in Creative Busy Hands Scrapbook Freebies Search List, under the Quick Page(s) post on Feb. 27, 2009. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! Your comments mean alot to me!