Thursday, March 19, 2009

Mothers Day Gift/Frugal Friday



I know Mother's day is a couple of month's away but now is the time if you would like to give a homemade gift and I found this link for a bracelet and thought this looks lovely and would make a wonderful mother's day gift!

Here is my frugal friday tip before you buy a big purchase such as furniture, check yard sales, classifieds and freecycle!

I think I scored a really good deal! My son who will be 13 wanted a futon in his room and I was going to buy him a new one but I checked a local yardsale/for sale website. Found one that someone was selling for 25.00 has only been used 4 times and never been slept on! Even if it was for the frame alone 25.00 is good deal and I am going to use the extra for shelving for my son's room .

quick pages












Papers


Elements


Templates



Kits

5 comments:

  1. I've found that there are quite a few good deals through Craigs List ... as long as you don't mind weeding through a bunch of crazies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with Andy on Craig's List....just be careful, lots of scam artists out there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. very true abiut the fueniture. i scored a pratically brand new couch, coffee tanle, side chair, 2 throw cushions and 3 or 4 quality dessert pans for 150 bucks! so dont forget estate sales!

    ReplyDelete
  4. thank you for the tip and the link! I think I'm going to have fun going through all your frugal friday tips!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the frugal tip...will be back to read more! Super looking layouts too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! Your comments mean alot to me!