Thursday, April 23, 2009

Last Nights Dinner! Roasted Chicken And Thrifty Thursday!

 

thriftythursdays 

IMG_1720

I made the best roast chicken last night! I took about 2 tablespoons of butter and mixed it with garlic powder and some basil and pepper and rubbed underneath the skin! I thin sliced a lemon and put 4 slices under the skin.  I stuffed the inside with an onion and 2 lemon halves. on the outside I rubbed with butter olive oil, salt, and pepper and some greek seasoning. Baked 450 for 30 minutes uncovered and reduced temp 375  and covered and bake for another 1 and half hours! It was so juicy and moist!

Roast Chicken is a very thrifty meal! Once you have had your first night with roast chicken , you can make other things such as chicken salad! When your through also take the bones and boil with onions and celery and salt and pepper and you can make some chicken broth!

check out other thrifty thursday ideas !

 

Here are your digital scrapbook freebies

Templates

vasmple

Yin_template 111

THEPAPERIRISFreebieTemplate2Preview

6__420x420_scraporginals_template_no1_preview

lgrierct-blogtempfreebiepvw

quick pages

ScrpnDsies_Soft Whisper in the Garden_Quickpage Preview

38599738_p

soco_q16

9 comments:

  1. Yum! That looks and sounds so delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooh -- that does look good. I saw a recipe recently in the Kraft foods magazine that I want to try -- it is roasted chicken with twenty cloves of garlic. I know -- sounds like a ton of garlic, but from what I've heard, it is delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yum that does sound wonderful! I love making chicken enchiladas with leftover chicken, the dark meat is best for that and noone knows they are eating it! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yummy... food looks so tasty from... that I me Favourite would invite;-) Many greetings from Berlin / Germany Hugs * farfalla

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love roast chicken, and using the leftovers too :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That chicken looks so good, we had chicken the other night too that I marinated in the Cornell White BBQ sauce and then DH put it on the grill over one of those chicken holders, yum it was so good!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mmmmmm..that looks delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yum! I make my roasted chickens the same way but without the lemons. I always bake 2 chickens at a time so that there's plenty of leftovers.

    I know that I would love the addition of the lemons to the chicken. I will have to try it!

    Great tips!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE roast chicken, my DH finds it boring though..men! I never had any left over though because the biggest chicken you can buy in this country is like 3 lbs at the most and it gets eaten up all in one go. LOL

    http://allaboutmeandabagofchips.typepad.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! Your comments mean alot to me!