Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Thrifty Thursday





It is spring and time to start entertaining! It is time to get that grill out and have people over for a nice dinner. No it doesn't have to cost a fortune. You just need to know a few simple tips to have an elegant dinner party without spending a ton.



1. keep it simple- entertaining does not mean you have to have a formal affair. I honestly tell you most people enjoy just being able to come over and relax. keep the food simple such as grilled chicken or steak or just hamburgers and hot dogs!


2. Use what is in season. I am going to have my husband's birthday party is Friday night and there are two things in season that I am definitely going to make use of. Strawberries and Asparagus. They have both been on sale lately and I have gotten Asparagus for less that 2.00 a pound and the same for Strawberries. I plan on making


3. Use what is on sale. This sort of goes hand in hand with using what is season. Besides the asparagus and strawberries I am going to make grilled chicken thights because I got them on sale for 88 cents a pound. My meal plan is Grilled Chicken, Asparagus Risotto or (rice pilaf) Pasta Salad and Strawberry Pie for dessert . I am going to have Ice Tea and Lemonade. There will be hamburgers for the kids!



If you try and stick to these three rules, you should have a stress free fun dinner party without spending a fortune!


Also don't forget about my tile necklace giveaway that ends tomorrow!





Here are today's Digital Freebies



templates




















Quick Pages













Kits




































6 comments:

  1. My wife got me a fire pit for father's day a few years ago and it is our most favroite way to entertain. It's cheap (a little wood from trees), friendly, and casual (everyone's outside - don't have to clean up). Get the fixings for hot dogs or S'More's and we are set to go!

    Stan at Scrappers Workshop
    www.scrappersworkshop.com/blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love to eat, but I'm allergic to my kitchen LOL ... have a fab Thursday :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We love to have people over and grill out too. Cheap fun, and I'm all for that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. great tips! We need to have people over more often!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great tips! Thanks for sharing and for stopping by my blog!
    ~Liz

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good tips, having friends over doesn't have to cost a fortune. In fact, ask everyone to bring something and it costs even less!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! Your comments mean alot to me!