Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Uggh, I have to vent. We have not received any calls even over easter from my mother in law so today on the way home from the sleep doctor, he tries her at work (she works at a hospital) Only to find out she was put in the hospital yesterday. You guessed it no one called him or I. They do this to him all the time his always last on their list. I hope he finally says his peace. They all ought to be ashamed of themselves for treating him this way and the bad thing of it all is he usually just accepts what they say and goes on.His mother went to years without speaking to him when he told her that he wanted her to have more to do with our kids! That is a whole different story but that is how they do.

He does have to come back to the sleep lab though, they said yesterday that his throat is almost completely blocked because of his uvula and his right nostrile is 90 percent blocked! I am so glad that he went, I am hoping when he gets on a machine, that it starts to give him energy so he can lose some of this weight!

I put in my menu yesterday I was going to make a spinach salad with warm vinaigrette dressing but I got to thinking it is spring, so I want something fresh > I made a spinach salad with an orange vinaigrette dressing

Here is the recipe for the orange vinaigrette dressing. I used giada laurentis but it was too thin so I did add the mustard, I liked the zip

2 small oranges zested and juiced
2 Tablespoons of honey
2 Tablespoons of balsamic vinegar
2 tablespoons of dijon mustard
1 clove of garlic
3/4 cup of olive oil
salt and pepper to taste

In a blender add the first 5 ingredients , while blender is running using a steady stream add olive oil until emulsified. Salt and Pepper to taste!




elements



quick pages



Papers



kits




The funky playground capture the flag freebies (registration required)








4 comments:

  1. I'm sorry to hear about your MIL. I hope everything is ok. Sounds like the sleep lab may give him some answers and hopefully they'll have him feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy!

    Sorry about your MIL.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know where you are coming from with the family issues -- sometimes there is a lot of drama that comes with being part of a family. Hope everything works out for you...

    ReplyDelete
  4. peter needs to stand up to her and tell her to kiss his a@@ there is no since in those people treating him that way. I can't stand any of them and he deservs so much better than that dysfunctional bunch!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! Your comments mean alot to me!