Friday, May 15, 2009

Frugal Friday: Buying In Season and Thrift Store Finds

FrugalFriday

I don’t know about you but my favorite season for fruit is the spring and summer. Right now I just found my favorite fruit starting to be stocked on the Shelf! I will give you a hint?

IMG_1840_edited-1

You guessed it cherries! Oh my gosh I love cherries. This is one of my splurges during the summer time. Usually these things are about 6.00 a lb and as much as I love them, I am not paying 6.00 a pound. I bought my first bag today and they were 2.99 a lb. They are so sweet also! If you are buying fruit and vegetables please wait until they are in season. If you buy out of season, they are going to be higher because they usually have to be sent from some other place and honestly they are not as good! So what is your favorite dessert using cherries? Link me up to your favorite dessert!

This same principal applies to veggies also. Right now my favorite veggie is asparagus and in the spring I can usually get them between 1.99 and 2.99 a lb but if you wait until fall it will almost double!

Also I want to show you my thrift store finds this week! These two pair of earrings I found were .79 cents are they not stunning!

earrings1

earrings2

The neclace I wish I could have gotten a better pic. This one doesn’t do it justice it is so pretty. Paid 1.98

IMG_1849_edited-1

Next is the cutest pair of shoes I paid 2.50 for

IMG_1850_edited-1

finally I have been wanting a waffle Iron and i found this one for 2.50 cents. The outside isn’t the prettiest but it works!

IMG_1851_edited-1

For more thrifty mom fridays please visit www.lifeasmom.com .

Also do not forget about the 500 business card give away (2 winners)

Here are your digital scrapbook freebies

Alpha’s

CWC_EarthyCrunchyAlpha600

Templates

TBlank_pj52-week20

TBlank_MayFreebie

elements

Kits

Preview2

DSA_Preview

fe_knelson_project365dailystyle_preview

ibdd_dated_may_mini_preview

bzbdesigns_capthedayprev

preview_coolchick_partie3

a1fa0da972350e3e1b29dc9bde71b9db_image_350x350

7 comments:

  1. My favorite fruit is strawberries and right now, they're on sale for approx $1.50 a pound! Pretty soon, we'll be able to pick them ourselves around here - can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You must have a great thrift store because those finds you got are wonderful!
    Dropped by from SITS.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love those earing and I have found so many good kitchen stuff at thrift stores too - its great

    ReplyDelete
  4. great freebies -- looks like you had lots of luck at the thrift store too!

    My daughters and I are going to try to make jam/jelly this summer, so we're excited to visit the farmer's market as soon as it opens!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great finds! I love thrift stores and yard sales!

    ReplyDelete
  6. YUMMY! I love the yellow/orange cherries, but they are so expensive, I don't splurge often. I'll have to see how much the red ones are at our store.

    Those finds are awesome! I love the earrings!

    Have a great day - night as I'm posting this. LOL

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! Your comments mean alot to me!