Sunday, May 10, 2009

Sweet Sunday and My Awesome Garage Sale Find!

 

First thing I want to say is Happy Mother’s Day to all you moms! The next thing is that there will be no freebie hunt today because I am taking a day off for Mothers Day! 

mosaic0278f0a9e4fcef088499f18666d5c6be8b28c14f

1. Bittersweet Chocolate Truffle Tartlet with Raspberries (w/ Recipe), 2. Tiramisu Sette Stelle (with recipe!), 3. Pineapple Upside-Down Cake, 4. Macaron madness

Here is this weeks sweet sunday! Please if you have a link to a favorite Sweet Recipe lets link it up! Just click on the  Mister Linky and  add your link!

 

Now for my garage sale find. We were on our way to a church garage sale and we saw the sign for this garage sale on the side of the road! Well we stopped and I found a set  of china that I fell in love with and looking at it I did not know but thought it was worth something! Well there was no price so we asked and the guy said ten dollars so I said I would buy it! I know the neighbor knew how much they were worth and she was trying  to tell him without telling him but I paid for it and got it in the car. The set is from Mason Stone China from England! I checked when I got home and saw that one of the bowls alone were worth 50.00 I got over 200.00 worth of china for 10.00.   I am just in love with this pattern and would love to collect more. So if you are one that doesn’t think you can find deals at garage sales think again. You have to be patient but you never know what you will find!

Here is a few pics

IMG_1833_edited-1

IMG_1834_edited-1

IMG_1836_edited-1

IMG_1837_edited-1

5 comments:

  1. Oh great post. I think we all deserve a day off for Mother's Day, in fact I think we deserve more.

    Oh well, Happy Mother's Day to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Mother's Day! There is nothing like great garage sales finds!

    Sta at Scrappers Workshop
    www.scrappersworkshop.com/blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful china - what a wonderful find :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Mother's Day!
    I love your china too. You might check out Replacements Limited to see if they have more too. It's amazing how much china they have.
    Have a great evening!
    Wanda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay, I love your thrift store and garage sale finds!!! My favorite!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! Your comments mean alot to me!