Thursday, May 21, 2009

Thank You and Thrifty Thursday

First of all, just wanted to say thank you for all of your thoughts an prayers. I am hanging on to the fact I don’t think God would have let me see  this  ahead of time if something was going to happen. I believe him falling asleep at work  was God’s way of saying something is definitely wrong and you need to change it. I have known for a while there was a problem, but my husband refused to get it checked but when he got in trouble at worked, he went and got it checked!  I believe God is going to give us time to get it fixed. My problem is changing my way of cooking  is so hard.  I would like to ask  what is your favorite low fat or low calorie recipe?

The only thing I dread is when we go on vacation in June. We are staying in a Condo so we can make our own food , but when you go on vacation you do like to eat out instead of cooking.

Thrifty Thursday is about cooking healthy on a budget! Eating fresh is expensive and especially if you are on a budget. I have learned that you need to buy what is in season and to watch for coupons. For example yesterday I wasn’t plan on buying mushrooms but they were on sale for 2 for 1.50 and then they were was a coupon for 1.00 off each one so that made them .50 cents a pack. I will work them in. Fresh ears of corn  is 12 for 2.0o. If you have any other ways to eat healthy on a budget, I would love to hear them.

here are your digital scrapbook freebies!

Templates

 Yin_template 117

Yin_template 118

elements

TP-AfricanSummer_elements_Preview_5 

papers

TP-AfricanSummer_Papers_Preview_500

kits

CKREN_ItsYourBirthday

AbishAllen_There_s_a_place_preview

5e7a4i

4 comments:

  1. Our local library has a ton of great low fat cookbooks. I love to borrow them. Also, you can google lowfat recipes and get a great variety.
    I cook when we go on vacation. I try to keep it simple since it is vacation, but I do cook. I make out menus ahead of time and that helps.
    Good luck:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We too struggle with the costs of buying healthy food although in a way it has helped us manage our portion control better since I don't buy as much because it is more expensive. Two things that have helped me are 1)learning about seasoning food so I can make things tasty using dried spices and 2) thumbing through Cooking Light and Weight Watchers magazines and learning about making healthy substitutions for ingredients in our favorite dishes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhhh the new book and foodnetwork show "Cook your way thin" ROCKS!!! worth the money and watching the show.

    Happy Scrapin' Kat
    Keepsake-Creators Co-Owner

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the scrap goodies, I want to get into digi scrapping! I hear ya about fresh/healthy food being so expensive. I swear I spend almost $20/week on organic milk alone, ugh. And now baby is almost done nursing and will start whole milk which will just add on to that cost. I hope everything is okay with your hubs...I'll keep you all in my thoughts!

    Jamie :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! Your comments mean alot to me!