Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Works For Me Wednesday: Eating More Fruits and Veggies:

wfmwbannerKRISTEN

With my daughter being autistic there are certain sweets she really loves. She loves little debbie snack cakes. She loves them so much that she will sit and eat a whole box in one sitting! She is on medicine to help her with her outburst, but it also makes it easier for her to gain weight so I really have to watch it.

I am blessed though both my son and daughter love fruit. As long as I have fruit in the house they will both eat it. So lately I have been watching what I buy and have stopped buying the snack cakes and the junk food and tried to buy more fruit. Because I have also noticed with my daughter the less she eats of that junk food the fewer her meltdowns have become.

Most people don’t have to worry about melt downs, but if you only buy fruit instead of the extra junk food they will eat whats there.

for more works for me wednesday tips please visit www.wearethatfamily.com

Also don’t forget about my blog giveaway! 500 business cards!

Here are todays digital freebies!

photoshop/elements

CoffeeShop glamour glow ad

Templates

THEPAPERIRISFreebieTemplate22

templatefreebiebysuzyqscraps_pvw

quick pages

mhains_MomsTheWord_QPcyf_KitPre

Samplers

DKDesigns_GrungePrincess_AOPreview

totf_LatsGoRacingBoys_AddOn_Prev

elements

mhains-makebelieve-FULLPREVIEW

caryn

sweiss make believe ELEMENT preview

kits

Redju_Project365_Preview600

SYTYCD-week2-preview

claudi_enjoytheday

mleCard-ColorYourDay-preview

4 comments:

  1. Funny how kids are so different - two dislike fruit except grapes and apples - other one loves any kind of fruit. Go figure! (yeah, and I like the Little Debbies...)

    Stan at Scrappersworkshop
    www.scrappersworkshop.com/blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is good advice for everyone. We actually have a huge bowl that we purchased from Pier 1 years ago. My husband got the idea to keep it filled with fruit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow! thanks for this selection
    my little boy loves kiwi, apple, banana and a lot of fruit too !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi. I was just surfing around some blogs, and I came across yours. It’s pretty nifty and I’m really enjoying my stay here. I’ve bookmarked your site for daily visits, and I hope you’ll visit me. I’d love to have you. :) Have a great day and I’ll see you around the blogosphere. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! Your comments mean alot to me!