Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Works For Me Wednesday-Saving Money on Cookbooks!

 wfmwbannerKRISTEN

Do not buy cookbooks!  most of the time you get recipes you never use. They are expensive, most cookbooks are between 20 and 30 dollars and Because the internet is so widely available you can find just about any recipe that you need online. Even the celebrities  most of the time post almost all of there recipes somewhere online. If you take the time to search you can find what you are looking for. If you want a hard copy that just print it out and put it in a 3 ring binder and put dividers in their for sections.  This way you can get the recipes you want without paying for all the recipes you will never use! If you digital scrapbook you can make recipe cards from your scrapping materials and have them printed a 4x6 size so they will fit in a regular photo album.  I love to join in on digital scrapbook recipe swaps!

Here are some examples

http://www.pioneerthinking.com/ara-heirloomcookbook.html

http://www.thriftyfun.com/tf971837.tip.html

http://www.lifeorganizers.com/Food-Entertainment/The-Organized-Meal/Make-a-Personal-Recipe-Binder.html

 

Here are my digital freebies

templates

template050509

83sample

Moriginals 365 Template No 018

word art

JD_PB_WA_Preview_Gallery

 

elements

Preview-SkyScraps-SoChicAddon

quick pages/brag books

Helly_Gabriel Jack Album_Preview

QP_MLO~1

 

papers

_ScrapSis_CherishPreview

 

kits

claudi_imhappy

Redju_WiseOldOwl_preview600

sassy_spotsnswirls

 

seni_artist_pv

4 comments:

  1. I really could have used this post a couple years ago when I was in my cookbook buying stage, lol! I do have one that I reference all the time, but because it has the basics (like what temp to cook what on). I don't actually use the recipes in it. My favorite site is allrecipes.com and just like you suggested, I have a binder that I keep my favorites in. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree! When I was younger, you had to buy them or else get them from the library and hand copy out the recipes you thought looked interesting. But now I just go to Foodnetwork.com or Allrecipes.com, search for a category of recipes, rearrange the results by rating from highest to lowest, and pick one that's been highly rated to try. I have come up with so many family favorites this way! I have 4 binders of recipes, and I never buy cookbooks anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ur right there are some great recipes online but i am still a sucker for real simple magazine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gosh I haven't bought a cookbook in the longest time! I print em or clip em and stash them in polyvinyl sleeves in a binder. Easy peasy!

    :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! Your comments mean alot to me!