Friday, June 5, 2009

Frugal Friday Homeschool Edition

FrugalFriday

I have decided for sure about homeschooling my son. He has had a rough 2 years in middle school. I know for sure that he has been bullied and his grades really suffered this year.  

I am starting from scratch and have nothing so I know it will be expensive from start but I found a link on homeschooling freebies and cost cutting ideas!  Maybe someone else that is just starting can use some of the links!

What are some of your cost cutting ideas? Do you have a great homeschooling freebie or know of one?  leave a link in the comments!

for more frugal friday post visit www.lifeasmom.com

 

Here are your digital scrapping freebies!

 

Templates

coliescorner_blogtemplate7

AS_LS_BirthdayTemplate

elements

FC_AcrylicBrackets_PREV

papers

87b28d44581fc8503db24a76e2476286.image.350x350

quick pages

73147_l

Kits

pepete13paradisiodifrut 

JadyDayStudio_MyFavoriteThing_preview

RockOn

asum_favoritething_preview

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for the link. I remember the feeling of being a new homeschooler; support and cheap resources always help. :)

    I saw the SITS logo in your sidebar. I'm on there, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't homeschool,so I'm sorry, I don't have any ideas but I wish you the best with that decision! I often wish that I could homeschool my kids - but I just know I don't have the temperment for it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been H.S. for 9+yrs now, I kind of lost count. But don't get carried away. Start slow. You need to find out what his struggles are. Talk to him first. At this level they have some idea what they like or to help plan. My dd 14, has helped pick her material out.
    I have to left by the way.
    This is what we work on:
    Mysteries of History. Which you can incorporate lit, some science and art when it comes to the timeline. Movies and books.
    Math is Keys to ? They are individual workbooks. Tried them this yr and love them.
    3000 Word Wisely
    Science is a little about life. My kids are into horses so they work at a stable. We also got a new dog which needs to be trained. And a cat.

    Just think of every day living for the rest. I am an eclectic H.S.
    So I do mix things up a bit. But I was in your shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't homeschool but I did want to congratulate you for doing what you need to support your son! You must be an excellent mom.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We homeschooled for about 1 1/2 yrs. I loved it. Wish I could have continued. Have you tried The Happy Housewife's blog, she homeschools all 9 of her kiddos.
    Thanks for stopping by my blog!
    ~Liz

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! Your comments mean alot to me!