Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Works For Me Wednesday: Finding Inexpensive Recipes

wfmwbannerKRISTEN

I love to cook! I love to cook a variety of things, but with grocery prices skyrocketing my budget just will not let me unless it is a special occasion!  There is no excuse for me not to be able to fix affordable meals since I have the internet!

There are so many blogs that give affordable recipes and plans that I should have my choice. If you are reading this blog than you have at least access to the internet so use it to bring down that grocery bill! That is my next challenge to myself! I know I can beat what I have been doing, but just to lazy to try!

Today is the day I get groceries so I am going to see If I can do better than I have previously! I made a menu plan for the beginning of the week, but I honestly think I am going to change that because we have been spending between 100-150 on groceries a week and I think I can do better than that.

Here are some websites that I have been using to find some new recipes!

5 dollar dinners

org junkie (Menu Plan Monday’s)

bargain meals of the week!  gives you recipes you can create from specific store sale ads!

we are that family!

 

I am going to start blogging weekly to see how well I have done or failed! 

for more works for me wednesday tips, please visit www.wearethatfamily.com

 

Templates

jhopewell_smtt071409_preview

FA_template_freebie_prev

folder

elements

6a00d8341c881553ef011571f61755970b-450wi

day14preview

Paper Packs

77178_l

rozie_softsplashes_paperpreview

quick pages

preview_qpplayinbathroom_mdesigns

mini kits

7-15-09

3 comments:

  1. thanks for the post -- I just took part in an interesting discussion a few days ago about how much I spend on groceries per week. I think it's something a lot of people are worrying about -- how to keep providing healthy meals to our families without breaking the bank.

    ReplyDelete
  2. some links, great freebies TYVM


    Stopping by from DST Blog Train,
    Happy Scrapin' Kat

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love 5 dollar meals. Great place.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! Your comments mean alot to me!