Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Smoked gouda mac n cheese

I hate mac n cheese. That is what I thought until I tried it with smoked gouda now I am in love. I have learned I like the baked version and this is so delish!





smoked gouda mac n cheese

1 pkg of pasta
3 Tbsp butter
1/2 cup of flour
4 cups of milk
1 and 3/4 cup of smoked gouda
mozzerella for topping

1 cook and drain pasta
2 make a white sauce by melting butter and adding flour in stir and cook for a couple of minutes to get rid of the flour taste then add milk and gouda cooking until thickens.
3 combine with pasta and then salt and pepper
4 add cheese on top and bake for 25 minutes on 350


for more great recipes check out

Tasty tuesday
Tempt My Tummy Tuesday

3 comments:

  1. Oh, you have my mouth watering. I love homemade mac and cheese yet never make it myself. My mother always made it with big chunks of cheese that made strings as you served it. This would be fab with the smoked gouda.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a bit obsessed with mac n cheese, so hearing you say you hate it made me say, "what!?" This recipe sounds fantastic, though! You should also try it with smoked mozzarella, one of faves in baked macaroni dishes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this with the gouda! Looks fantastic! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! Your comments mean alot to me!