Wednesday, April 20, 2011

works for me wednesday: Panko Bread Crumbs: Panko Crusted Tilapia Filets





I have heard a lot about panko bread crumbs. I tried them one time and really did not know what I was doing and I did not like them. Well I  happen to be at big lots the other day and found some lemon pepper panko and thought I would give them a try on fish. I have to tell you that ended up being the best fish I have ever  cooked. It had such a nice crust on it and the lemon pepper flavoring was awesome. I can't wait to try it with chicken breast and other things.
  While I am at it the other day big lots had a ton of spices and they were really cheap. They had the mc cormicks  grill season packs that are usually a dollar a pack, 6 for 1.50. They had those crustable seasonings that are in the spice isle for about 4 dollars a container for 1.50.
I have been doing a lot of grocery shopping there and finally reached my 20 percent discount. I have been buying snacks and spices and canned goods there. So if you have a big lots in your area you might want to see what selection they have.
By the way here is the recipe for the fish.


Panko Crusted Tilapia Fillets

See Panko Crusted Tilapia Fillets on Key Ingredient.



also linked to Whats on your plate

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! Your comments mean alot to me!