Friday, May 6, 2011

I am loving it:: Pinterest

Tidy Mom

Do you ever find a recipe or a craft or design for your house online and you would love one place to keep tract of what you find. There is one and it is  www.pinterest.com,  you add one button to your tool bar and you can pin anything you want and it saves the picture on a board. You can have one board for one category such as food, crafts etc. I am so loving it because it keeps all of my stuff in one place.  Here is one of the recipes that are pinned on my board.  It is for a pank crusted salmon, you can find the link to the recipe below the picture.




Here is a link to my recipe board  so you can see all my pins. This board is by invitation so if you would like me to send you one please comment with your email so I can send you the link!

I don't know about you, there are times when I am home I kind of get in a  with cooking.  I seem to cook the same things over and over again. I don't want to do that, I would love to expand my horizons and add some more recipes to my repertoire. I have been thinking there always seems to be a national food holiday every month why don't I use that as my jumping point. So starting next month, I am going to start cooking and posting recipes that correspond with the national food holiday for the month. I will also put a Mr. Linky up for you if you would like to play along also. I think it is a great way to try new recipes and also gives you a blogging prompt to!
 So here are a list of holidays that I will be using! So I do hope you will put it on your calendar to Join in the fun.

June
 National Seafood Month

July
National Baked Bean Month 

August
National Peach Month

September
Better Breakfast Month

October   
National Apple Month

November
National Peanut Butter Lover's Month

December
There is not a real good food month in December but there are list of national food days so I will be cooking whatever the  national food day is that Friday each week.   

Dec 2
National Fritters Day

Dec 9
National Pastry Day

Dec 16
National Chocolate Covered Anything Day


   

1 comment:

  1. i would love an invitation do you need my email? if so it is swbamartinez@gmail.com
    thanks, wendy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! Your comments mean alot to me!