Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Blueberry sorbet

It is blueberry season! I love them, actually I didn't care at all until my husband brought some home from work one day and they were so sweet it has been love since then. I don't know about everywhere else but where I am we are in a sever drought. The weather is so hot and I have been looking for something cold and refreshing to keep cool. I decided since we bought a couple of pints of blueberry's I would make a blueberry sorbet. It was so yummy. Here is the recipe



Blueberry Sorbet

  • 1 cup of water
  • 3/4 cups to 1 cup of sugar depending on sweetness of your berries
  •  1 lb of blueberries

In a saucepan make a simple syrup by combining sugar and water and bring to a boil  and stir until all of sugar is dissolved.  Let the syrup sit and cool completely. While cooling in a food processor puree blueberries. You can strain this to make sure there is no pulp, but I didn't seemed a little more natural but it is your choice. When simple syrup is cooled, combine pureed berries and syrup cover and chill for a few hours. Place in your ice cream maker and freeze according to your makers instructions.

Please make sure to check the berries for sweetness first. I did not and mine ended really really sweet. Use a little more sugar for tart berries.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! Your comments mean alot to me!