Wednesday, June 29, 2011

KISS (Keep it simple silly) 4th of July on a really tight budget.

 

I love the 4th. There is not many people who do not. It is a time to remember what sacrifices the men and women of this country have made for us and also a time to be with family and friends. I also around this same time have had to deal with father's day, my dad's birthday is on the 7th and my son's birthday is on the 9th. I do not have a lot of money to spend but that does not mean that my get together will be less than those that can go all out.

I titled this post KISS (keep it simple silly) because you can have an absolutely  fun fourth without all the expense and the stress. Honestly the more stuff you have, the more stress it is because it is just that much more cooking you must do. That leaves you less time to actually spend with your family and friends.  So here are my tips to keeping it simple for the 4th plus a few ideas.

 

  •  limit your menu- choose just one or two main dishes, and a couple of desserts.
  •  to help keep cost down, you could ask your guest to bring a side dish or a dessert.
  •  keep it inexpensive.  I love to look at pineinterest there are some really neat recipes, but they do not have to be expensive here are a few inexpensivet ideas.

          main dishes

       a. chicken

       b. hamburgers

       c.  hot dogs

 desserts:

Patrotic Popcorn {Picnic Food} via TipJunkie.com

Clair\

4th of July Creme Filled Strawberries | Bakers Royale

 

The Changeable Table: Patriotic Layered Jello - SALUTE your salad!

I hope these are some ideas to help make  your fourth of july a successful and less stressful one without spending an arm and a leg.

 

1 comment:

  1. I love the jello idea. This will definitely be a crowd pleaser at my party!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! Your comments mean alot to me!