Monday, June 27, 2011

Menu Plan Monday: On the Menu Monday

I am sorry, if the post this week are kind of sparse. We started vacation bible school and this week is going to be crazy. I have to try to have my dinner done before my husband gets home because we drive our church van so we must leave early. I am trying to keep my menu very simple this week so that I don't have a ton of dishes to do when I get home.

I also saw something on tv that I want so bad. have you seen the ninja? This is the ninja 1100 and it is a juicer, food processor, ice cream maker all in one.

In the summer the kids like to make the virgin pina colada's but my blender just plain doesn't work well. I have to end up chopping my ice in my food processor and then transferring it to my blender to add the liquids. Even then, it isn't good. Every review I have ever seen on theninja  has been really good. The only thing it is 160.00 but I would really love it. I guess I am going to have to save my pennies for this? Does anyone have the ninja what do you think"

 

StoneGable    

 

Monday: Glazed Pork Chops  I haven't tried these but they do sound delicious.

Tuesday: Cheese Tortellini Salad

Wednesday: Crockpot Country Style ribs

Thursday:  Hot Dogs or Spicy Grilled Brats

Friday: Little Ceasars Pizza  (can't beat an already made pizza and a salad for a quick dinner) 

Saturday  Grilled Chicken Legs

Sunday:  not sure yet

5 comments:

  1. Bev, You must have the happiest blog in all of bloggland. So bright, cheery and... HAPPY! Keep spreading your sunshine!
    What a great menu. I'm trying your tortilini salad! Perfect for summer! Greek seasoning must be the item to put it over the top!
    Thank you so much for participating in ON THE MENU MONDAY and for your yummy memnu!
    Hope to see you next week.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  2. That Ninja sounds terrific! Yeah, I've seen it before advertised on cable. Go get it girl, sounds perfect! I just got a new blender from Electrolux, pretty style and it comes with a siever right there, in the glass of the blender, so the fruit juice goes directly to your glass!...and also a chopper, for ice too. I like yours better, for what you need!
    Thank you for the recipe of tortellini, I love it!! Hugs, FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Bev,
    Your meal plan for the week looks great. We would really enjoy your Tortilini Salad. Thanks for sharing and have a wonderful day!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your blog- so festive looking! You cook the way we eat- everything sounds delish. Thanks for stopping by, I am bookmarking so I can visit more of your blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The glazed porkchops sound yummy! I'll give them a try. I left a note on your Alzheimers post. It was some time ago, but I just found you.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! Your comments mean alot to me!