Monday, June 13, 2011

Menu Plan Monday

have been a stay at home mom for basically of of my children's lives except when I was going to school.
I thought when I was younger that I wanted to be a teacher. I went to school and got my degree in elementary education. I found out in my last semester of college that it is not what I wanted to do. I have been out of school for 8 years and I have enjoyed being a stay at home mom especially since my daughter is autistic and I have had to deal with the schools a lot.

Lately I have felt like that I have been useless and have not really found my true calling. I love this blog and I really love to cook. It is a far cry from when I first got married and could only cook three things (red beans and rice, chili, and spaghetti).  Most people know there is not much difference between the three. Anyways,  I see all these blogs and they get to go to all of these fun conferences and they actually can make a living doing this stuff. I really thinking that cooking and recipes could be my calling but not sure how else to go about it. I am going try lately to ramp up this blog with more recipes, better pictures and when I can afford it a real makeover. 



Monday left overs
Tuesday :  patty melts
Wednesday,: Crock pot Chicken fajitas (recipe below)
Thursday cheesy tex mex rice  I will probably add some chicken and black beans for a one pot meal.
Friday Grilled Chicken


Crock Pot Chicken Fajitas
1 lb of boneless skineless chicken breast sliced
1 package of fajita seasoning
1 onion sliced
1 bell pepper sliced
1/2 cup of water
salt and pepper to taste

In a crock pot place sliced onions and bell pepper on bottom of crock pot. Place the chicken on top of onions. Combine fajita  seasoning and water and pour over top of everything. Cook on low approximately 8-10 hours on low.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! Your comments mean alot to me!