Friday, June 10, 2011

National Fresh Fruits and Veggies Month: Bacon-Garlic Green Beans

I told you every Friday of the month from now on I would post a recipe that links with whatever food of the month theme it is. This month it is National Fresh Fruit and Veggies Month. I love green beens but the only way I love them is fresh, I just can't stand them in the can. I can eat most any other canned veggie, but I honestly can't stand the taste of canned green beans. Here is my favorite recipe for cooking fresh green beans

.Bacon- Garlic Green Beans

  1. 1 lb of Green Beans Trimmed
  2. Either 4 or 5 pieces of bacon or fresh bacon bits.
  3. minced garlic to taste 
  4. olive oil or bacon fat 
  5. salt and pepper to taste
If you are using fresh bacon fry up pieces of bacon in pan saving a couple of  tablespoons of bacon fat (crumble bacon and set aside)  other wise, heat up your olive oil on medium. Saute your green beans in oil or fat until they become crisp tender, then add garlic and bacon bits or crumbled bacon and cook until the garlic is slightly browned.
You can blanch the green beans at first to speed up the cooking time, but to me it is more dishes to deal with and I don't mind the extra time.
I would love to have have you follow along.
Link your favorite Fresh Fruit or Veggie Recipe Here!




Tidy Mom

1 comment:

  1. Oh, but this sounds so yummy. We are going to try this this weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! Your comments mean alot to me!