Monday, June 6, 2011

Summer Drinks and Menu Plan Monday

I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend. We did but it was hot. Saturday we went to a red, white and blueberry festival and it was so fun but hot. The temperature got to 102 degrees outside so that made the free ice cream and the blueberry lemonade even better.  I have to blueberry lemonade was delicious and there was no added sugar. I would love to try to create a blueberry lemonade recipe like that. I might try to working on one since my husband will be buying some blueberries from a guy at work.  Had a scare that night with our air conditioner because we came home from the festival and it was over 90 degrees in the house so we had to call a repairman and pay 96 dollars to tell us it is a bad breaker going out.  I am really afraid to find out how much our air conditioning bill is going to be this summer because it is only the beginning of June and I don't remember the temperatures ever being this hot this early in the summer.  With it being so hot it made me think that we  need some cool drinks to help cool us off. Here are a few recipes I found!

Iced Mocha Coffee



Here is the recipe!

One thing we had given to us Saturday was a  Watermelon Aqua Fresca and It was so refreshing and thirst quenching. This site also gives you other options for aqua fresca besides watermelon so it might be worth giving them a try.
June is national Fresh Fruit and and Veggies Month  and I said last month that I would be cooking something every friday of the month that deals with whatever the national day of food is for that particular month. I forgot about that last Friday so I will start Friday June 10th and I will cook something  for National Fresh Fruit and Veggie Month. I will also open up a linky so if you want to link to a recipe using fresh fruit or veggies please do! Hope you all will join me

Here is my Menu Plan Monday











Monday: Spaghetti
Tuesday: Grilled Pork Loin
Wednesday: Wine Chicken (sort of like my creamy Italian Chicken but uses french onion soup and leaves out the cream cheese!  will post recipe later.
Thursday Grilled Steak Kabobs
Friday not sure yet

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! Your comments mean alot to me!