Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Summer to do list and a Summer Salad Recipe

life can be stressful. Almost all in America has problems with the Economy affecting us one way or another. There are thousands of things we can do that we can enjoy without having to spend tons of money. Here is a list of things I would like to do over the summer.
  • Read a good book- The library is free take advantage of it. I love crime fiction and thriller books. I have been composing a list of books or authors that I would like to read this summer. With a good book you can set your problems aside and let the book transport you somewhere else. Here are a couple of books that look interesting to me. Do you have any favorite crime fiction or thriller authors, I would love to know because I am trying to expand my horizons?





Here is my pininterest board with all my list of books I would like to read.


  • Have family and Friends over for a dinner- This does not have to be expensive, this could be spaghetti and a salad. You could just have friends over for dessert or popcorn and a movie. 
  • Have both of my kids in the kitchen with me cooking and baking
  •  pack a picnic and enjoy a picnic with my family
  • Try a new recipe. Here is my list of recipes to try this summer. 
Speaking of summer, it is so hot and dry where I live. We are in a sever drought and you really just do not want to open the door. Just a little funny, we went to the water park this weekend and I actually burnt my scalp!!! I have never had a burnt scalp before, I did not even know you could burn your scalp! :) I hate being fair skinned, I hate it with a passion.  Enough chasing rabbits back to the subject.  I hate turning on the oven because my house gets extremely hot. Here is a recipe that you do not have to turn on the oven and  is a one bowl meal.

Summer Cheese Tortillini  Pasta

1 pkg of Cheese Tortellini
1 red bell pepper diced
1 onion diced
1/4 to half cup of Parmesan Cheese
Salt, Pepper, Greek Seasoning to taste
Italian Dressing about 1/4 to 1/2 bottle or to taste

Cook pasta according to package directions, drain and set aside. Combine Tortillin and rest of ingredients adding Italian dressing . Add salt, pepper, and Greek seasoning to taste. Refrigerate until cool.







It's a Blog Party

1 comment:

  1. Sounds great for a hot summer day. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! Your comments mean alot to me!