Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Chicken Fajita Pasta

Sunday night, I was trying to decide what I wanted yesterday for dinner. I kept looking in my freezer and nothing just clicked. Have you ever done that? I went ahead and took out some chicken breast, I just figure I would think of something or else we would have grilled chicken breast. It was almost time for dinner last night and still nothing. I happened to look in my drawer and saw some fajita seasoning mix, only problem is I didn't have any tortilla's . I got to looking around my pantry and noticed a box of miniature box tie pasta and that is where this idea came from.




Chicken Fajita

2 chicken breast pounded slightly
1 pkt of fajita seasoning
1/2 pkg of mini bow tie pasta
2 bell peppers
2 onions
1 cup of cheese
salt and pepper to taste.
2 tbsp of butter
2 tbsp of oil
Cook pasta according to instructions on box reserve about 1/4 cup of pasta water. Grill chicken breast until completely cooked through. In a another sauce pan sautee onions and peppers in oil and butter. Cut chickens in cubes or strips add to pan of cooked onions and bell peppers. Add package of seasoning and the 1/4 cup of reserved water stir until seasoning is mixed in and there is a slight sauce. Add bell pepper onion and chicken mixture to pasta and add in 1 cup of cheese.

I also found out that I am getting 25 lbs of peaches, a lady at our church is going to Georgia and the price of peaches wer 10.00 for 25 lbs's. That is less than 50 cents a lb. Anyone have some to die for peach recipes?

Tempt my Tummy Tuesdays

Beauty and Bedlam


2 comments:

  1. Found your site post on Beauty and Bedlam... this sounds great! Way to think creatively :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great! I am such a pasta-holic :) I clicked over from Balancing Beauty and Bedlam.

    I love peaches! I actually just finished a bowl of oatmeal and peaches. :) This is a great cobbler recipe that I use http://livingabonafidelife.blogspot.com/2010/08/crazy-week.html

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! Your comments mean alot to me!