Monday, July 18, 2011

I stated in my post yesterday that I really want to reduce my food budget.  The number one way to reduce any food budget is to stop eating out and cook from scratch.  There is not a restaurant meal you can not re create at home for much less and make much healthier. If you don't already, you need a instructional cookbook. My favorite is



Not only does it give you awesome recipes, but it gives you information on all your cooking ingredients. It is my go to guide when I am not sure how to cook something. It has basic cooking techniques to some that are very complicated all in one.

The wonderful thing about the internet is you can learn anything you want for free. You may not be experienced in the kitchen, but there are free videos all over the internet to help you learn just about anything. Cooking well is no exception. Here are a few  Video's on 
 There are more video's on all recipes tv, you can find even more if you do a swagbucks or you tube search. To save money, you do not need to be a gourmet chef but having some basic cooking skills you can cut down all those pre-packaged items like Chicken Stock, or Cream of Mushroom Soup.
I would like to challenge you to find one new cooking technique and let us see your results.

Here is my menu plan for this week.


2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for this post. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in CBH Digital Scrapbooking Freebies, under the Page 3 post on Jul. 18, 2011. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pepperoni frittata sounds like a great new recipe to try with kids! Thank you for sharing your menu with us today.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! Your comments mean alot to me!