Friday, July 1, 2011

National Blueberries in July Month

Last night was my last night of teaching bible school. All we have is the closing program tonight. I always complain about bible school every year, I guess because we drive the van and it is so late whe we get home and by the end of the week we are exhausted, but I always end up being blessed. I had the third and fourth grade class this year and they were really awesome. This was a nice age because they were bigger than the little kids, but they were not to big for their  "britches" sorry for the southern slang . They actually listened and you could just see their excitement when they got involved.
Even though it is over, I am still not going to be able to take a breath because we have company coming. I am the one doing the 4th at my house also, so I need to get some cleaning done. I have always loved the 4th. My dad's family is really close knit and we always had cousins and uncles always pile in on us at that time. We always had homemade lemonade and watermelon, such fun memories.
This is National Blueberries in July  Month so I decided that I would make a homemade blueberry pie. Pie's are something I have struggled with for a long time. I couldn't get the pie crust right, it kept breaking. I have found out I wasn't adding enough water. I have been told to not to add to much water so I was taking it in the other directions and not adding enough. I have learned to add the full amount of water the recipe calls for, but I do not go over.
Blueberry Pie




I used this exact crust and filling recipe. I did leave out the lemon because I did not have any on hand.

 I probably won't have a post up until Tuesday because of all the activities. Hope everyone has a wonderful fourth of July!




Tidy Mom

4 comments:

  1. That pie looks yummy. I kept thinking Summer would be a time to be lazy and relax but we have also been pretty busy. I wanted to invite you to come over and share your recipe at These Chicks Cooked Recipe Spotlight that I host each week. Have a great weekend :)
    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful pie! Have a great 4th!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Bev, This pie looks absolutely mouth-watering :) I can imagine the whole flavors mixed together...Mmm tasty!

    Have a great day,

    Aldy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my!! This looks just wonderful!! Thanks for linking it up to 2 Maids a Baking!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! Your comments mean alot to me!