Monday, August 1, 2011

Menu Plan Monday

I am sorry for the lack of posting lately. School is starts here this week and we have been trying to get ready for that. Also my birthday was Friday and my husband gave me a day off and he made me chocolate strawberries and and homemade truffles along with some earrings. It was really nice just had family so it was a quiet family dinner. Once I get this week over, I will be posting more regularly again. When does school start in your area? It seems like they keep going back earlier and earlier each year.


Here is my menu plan for this week

Monday: Taco's and Spanish Rice  (recipe below)
Tuesday: stuffed peppers using leftover spanish rice
Wednesday: grilled steak
Thursday: Grilled Ribs
Friday: hamburgers


Spanish Rice
3 garlic cloves minced
2  Tablespoons of oil
1 cup of rice
2 cups of broth or water
1 small can of tomato sauce (I love the one that is in with the mexican food isle, it is in a small yellow can)
1Tablespoon of Cumin
Salt and Pepper

in a saute pan warm the oil and add garlic, cook for just a couple of minutes. Next add rice and make sure all rice is covered in oil, cook for another 1 to 2 minutes. Then add broth, and tomato sauce and season with cumin, salt and pepper. Stir all together, cover and let simmer for 20 minutes on lowest setting.


'

.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! Your comments mean alot to me!