Friday, December 23, 2011

Early Merry Christmas!

Early Merry Christmas. Sorry it has been so long since I have posted but I have not been baking much because I have been trying to lose weight. I have lost about 10 lbs so far because I have started running/walking. Trying to make it through this holiday without without gaining any weight.  We are having Christmas dinner tomorrow night with my mom so that on Christmas day we can go to church and then the kids can still have time to have fun.  I plan on making a yule log tommorrow. I have never made a jelly roll so this should be interesting. My husband made my leaves by painting artifical leaves with melted chocolate.  Don't they look awesome.

I will take pictures of the yule log later if it turns out. I also made some homemade peppermint bark.


Only had a little taste of this but it is yummy and super simple.


Homemade Peppermint Bark

1 Box of Candy Canes Crushed in a food processor or with a rolling pin in a plastic bag
1 bag of white chocolate melts or chips
 Peppermint extract ( Optional, I used the white melts that were already mint flavored)

In a double boiler melt chocolate. Next add about half of the crushed peppermint and pour on a foil lined baking sheet. Make sure to spread evenly. Place the other half of peppermint mixture on top of the chocolate. Refrigerate until hard and break into pieces.


With the end of the holiday season most people are broke and trying to save money. I came across this Article stocking up on grocery clearances!

linking up with I'm Lovin it by tidy mom

http://tidymom.net/2011/russian-tea-cakes/

TidyMom

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! Your comments mean alot to me!