Thursday, April 26, 2012

Buffalo Style Chicken Sausage and Sweet Potato Fries

Have you tried all the chicken sausages in the grocery stores? If you haven’t you are missing out. They are so tasty and you will never realize how good for you they are. My husband, a total red meat eater absolutely loves them. They have so many flavors. I have tried the apples and maple syrup and the spicy JalapeƱo one. I happened to be in the store today looking at the chicken sausage and this is what  catches my eye!  I promise this is strictly my own opinion,  I have not been compensated whatsoever.
chicken sausage

Buffalo Style Chicken sausages.  May I say, I believe this is the best of the bunch. It has all the taste of a buffalo wing and there is only 120 calories in one sausage.  I have to say yum yum.  Since I am trying to lose weight, I do not to french fries often because that is where your calories are from so what I do is make sweet potato fries. I have always hated sweet potato’s , but one day when eating at outback, my husband got some and I tried it and it has been happily ever after ever since Smile I guarantee my fries are healthier because they are baked not fried
Here is my recipe!

Spicy Chipolte Sweet Potato Baked Fries.

supper

  • 1-2 Sweet Potato’s cut into fry shapes
  • 2 T of Olive Oil 
  • 1 T of Mrs. Dash Southwestern Chipolte Season
  • 1 tsp of Adobo Seasoning
  • 1/4 tsp of chipolte powder


Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a small bowl, combine all seasoning and olive oil. Pour over fries either in a bowl or a ziploc bag and combine thoroughly. Place fries on 1 or 2 baking sheets. You need to make sure they are all laying flat and not overlapping and bake for about 45 minutes.
My dinner was so yummy and it was all approximately around 400 calories probably less.  but the calories I saved tonight on dinner was more than made up for with one of these!
Cream Cheese Brownies
Cream Cheese brownies Recipe found here! It was definitely worth the calories. They are definitely rich, and you can’t eat more than one but they are awesome!
I'm Lovin' It at TidyMom Miz Helen’s Country Cottage barnwoodchicbanner (Square)

2 comments:

  1. Hi Bev,
    What a great meal that we would really enjoy, it looks awesome! Hope you have a great week end and thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday.
    Come Back Soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a delicious meal! We love buffalo style anything at our house. Love the sweet potatoes fries with the chipotle seasoning. Thanks so much for sharing on the Weekend Potluck. We are happy to be your newest followers. Have a great weekend!
    ~Kim

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! Your comments mean alot to me!