Sunday, April 22, 2012

Menu Plan Monday

Morning, I hope you all have had a wonderful weekend! We have had a beautiful weekend here. It actually has been chilly. This weather around here is so wacky! We have had a really hot winter and now a chilly April.  My husband came home Saturday night and our neighbors called him over, they had made up a Anti pasto plate for us! They are the sweetest people. It is two sisters that live together and they kind of like to mother us.

We have been blessed with some awesome neighbors. I have actually been thinking about a block 4th of July party. Anyways my kids have been begging me to make some cinnamon rolls for a long time so I thought that I could pay it forward to my neighbors. I am really proud of these. If you want the recipe just click on the picture!

cinnamonroll

Then I saw this recipe for a blackberry sauce and thought it would be great for grilled pork chops! I got it all made and my mouth started hurting, I could not finish it but let me tell you that sauce is awesome. I don’t know how much difference it makes but I used a raspberry balsamic vinegar instead of regular raspberry but it was really yummy

sunday supper

 

Blackberry Sauce

  2/3 cup of raspberry balsamic vinegar

            1 cup of blackberries

            1/3 cup of sugar

            In a small saucepan combine all ingredients. Cook on medium until sauce    has reduced by 2/3. in this picture it has reduced well over half

 bbsauce

Make sure you smash berries as you go. When done reducing strain.  It is so delicious.

 

mpmhappy

Monday: Depending on my mouth: Leftovers

Tuesday: Healthy Enchiladas

Wednesday Leftovers

Thursday: Edamame Brown Fried Rice

Friday:  roasted cauliflour aged cheddar soup

Jam Hands

2 comments:

  1. What a treat to have neighbors like that.
    Happy MPM!
    You're menu plan sounds so good.
    Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! Your comments mean alot to me!