Monday, April 2, 2012

Rueben Sandwich: Light it up blue:Menu Plan Monday

Sorry about the delay in posting but have been very busy. Are local support group put on a trivia night as a fundraiser to help raise money to build a camp for children with autism! This camp is such a blessing. It gives parents a couple of days free and the children a chance to be like any other child. That is what I had been working on. Here are a few pics of the event. By the way I actually bought a pair of 16 jeans for the event lol :) I am down to 182. If I can lose about 30 more pounds, I will be happy!
We had a blast! This is also a reminder because yesterday and today is light it up blue! Just go to lowes or home depot and get a blue light bulb and put it in your porch light and turn it on to show support for autism! Here is the reason I light it up blue!

Here is my porch light lit up!


I have been dying for a rueben sandwich and I found a recipe for it and that is what we had last night for supper. Yeah, I know it is not diet friendly but it was so yummy! Recipe is below. 








Rueben Sandwich

4 slices of rye bread
4 slices of Swiss cheese
6 T of Thousand Island Dressing
1 can of sauer kraut
1 lb of corned beef sliced really thin
Melted butter

Layer in order on each of two slices of bread

  • places two pieces of bread with one tablespoon of dressing on each piece of bread
  • add a piece of swiss cheese on top of each piece of bread
  • add another tablespoon of dressing on top of the swiss cheese
  • add 1/3 cup of sauer kraut on each piece of bread
  • another piece of swiss cheese
  • another tablespoon of dressing
  • Top each off with another slice of bread.
Preheat griddle or skillet. Brush Top side of the sandwich with melted butter. Place sandwich with top side down on griddle. Put a heavy pan on top of both sandwiches and cook approximately 2-5 minutes until golden brown. Remove pan brush this side with butter and repeat process. Here is menu plan for this week!


Monday: Herbed Pork Loin
 Tuesday: Leftovers
Wednesday: Chicken and Apple Sausages with leftover Sauer Kraut
 Thursday: Leftovers
: Chicken and Veggies


 linked up with

Tempt My Tummy Tuesday Tempt my Tummy Tuesdays Tasty Tuesday Beauty and Bedlam I'm Lovin' It at TidyMom

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! Your comments mean alot to me!