Saturday, May 12, 2012

Cherry Pie Egg Roll

Happy early Mother’s Day. Hope all is going well and that all mothers will have a wonderful day. I have to say my weekend is awesome. I am sitting here eating some Chocolate Covered Strawberries my husband made me for Mothers Day.
IMG_0029[1]IMG_0030[1]
They are so big and juicy. Yeah I know it it is early but people around here can’t keep anything a secret for long Smile I weighed myself on friday and I am down 2 lbs, but I think  I found them this weekend. I am so aggravated my kit lens on my camera got stuck so my close up pics are harder since I only have a telephoto lens. So I apologize if my pics are not as great. I have new recipe for you. I have been thinking about this one for a while and my daughter has been begging me to make her a cherry pie, so this is what I decided to make!

Cherry Pie Egg Roll

cherry-pie-egg-roll2
  • 1 can of cherry pie filling
  • 1 pkg of Egg Roll Wrappers (can use wonton’s)
  • Veggie Oil
  • Powdered Sugar for Dusting
Pour about 1 inch and 1/2 of oil in a frying pan and preheat to 350 degree’s or until you put the  handle of a wooden spoon in the oil and it starts to bubble . While oil is preheating, open  your egg roll wrappers and put about 2 to 3 tsp of pie filling in middle of egg rolls (you do not need very much or pie filling will leak) and roll up according to package instructions.  When oil is hot drop one or 2 egg rolls in the pan until golden brown and turn over and get golden brown on the other side. Here is a picture of what they should look like:!
golden-brown

Remove from oil and drain on paper towel, dust with powdered sugar and enjoy. Just make sure and let them cool for a few minutes because they will be hot!

* wanted to add other flavors would be good is apple pie filling with a caramel drizzel or do one that is smores with chocolate and marshmallows, or a chocolate and peanut butter chips one!





UndertheTableandDreaming
{nifty button} Overflowing with creativity

Mixitup
Jam Hands Make-Ahead Meals for Busy Moms
Sew Chatty
Cheap Recipes and Money-Saving Tips Tempt my Tummy Tuesdays

7 comments:

  1. The recipe is very simple but I can tell it tastes delicious! Awesome recipe :)

    I have link party

    going on today. Would love if you link-up :)

    xoxo
    Myric

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Mother's Day!!! What a sweet hubby you have...I think I'd faint if I ever saw mine trying to decorate strawberries :) And your cherry pie rolls look marvelous...mmmmmmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simply scrumptious! Thanks so much for sharing at Mix it up Monday :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a brilliant idea! There is so much scope for the imagination with this recipe. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a great idea and so customizable. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. These look so yummy! Thanks for sharing your recipe with us. We loved having you link up to our "Strut Your Stuff Saturday." Hope to see you back soon! -The Sisters

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! Your comments mean alot to me!