Thursday, May 17, 2012

Fresh Apple Cake With Pecan Glaze

Happy Anniversary Mom and Dad! Have to give a shout out to my parents who have been married 38 years today! We had a dinner last night at there house and this was my present a fresh apple cake
fresh-apple-cake-copy2

It was so yummy. I got the recipe off the bag of White Lily Flour. I made a surprise for you. Made you 2 recipe cards for you to download, one for the cake and one for the glaze. Note on the glaze, it took more than two tablespoons of milk to get to the consistancy I like also I put pecans on the recipe card and it should say, chopped pecans.
fresh-apple-cake
Download

Pecan Praline Glaze

2 cups powdered sugar sifted
1/2 cup of chopped pecans
1/4 cup of melted butter
2 tsp of vanilla extract
2Tbsp of milk (use more if necessary, I did)
Mix together until creamy and smooth and pour over cooled cake. Use more milk if necessary

I hope everyone has a good weekend! It is going to be a long one for me because my husband has today and Monday off!

Food on Friday
Its a keeper Thursday

I'm Lovin' It at TidyMom Photobucket



15 comments:

  1. Such a pretty cake! The glaze dripping down the sides makes it so delicious looking :) Very Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks really good, and I bet it's wonderful with the glaze. I love pecans, but found out a few years ago that I'm allergic to them. I'd use walnuts instead. Either way, this sounds like a very yummy recipe, so thanks for sharing.

    Also, thanks for visiting my blog earlier this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I wish I had a piece of this right now! Can't wait to try it. I'm a new follower and look forward to more of your creations.

    Stop by and say hi when you can!
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  4. Apples are in season here...love the sound of this apple cake and peacn icing...just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for this post. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in CBH Digital Scrapbooking Freebies (please, notice the new url for my blog), under the Page 5 post on May. 18, 2012. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have to try this! This post had me at "apple." Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks great!!! We always have a ton of apples!! Pinned :)
    xo
    Hetaher

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pecan Praline Glaze - yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi,

    I’ve started My Sweet Party, where I every month host a party with a theme (MAY theme is CHOCOLATE). The party is ongoing the entire duration of the month and then I will choose my top three favourites and feture those blogs. I would LOVE you to join My Sweet Party!

    http://meandmysweets.blogspot.co.uk/2012/05/my-sweet-party-chocolate-cake-love.html

    XXX
    Johanna

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful cake, this looks delicious & gorgeous. Thanks for visiting :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This cake looks so delicious and yummy! We are so glad to have you join us for our "Strut Your Stuff Saturday". See you again next week!! -The Sisters

    ReplyDelete
  12. Mouth watering cake! Apples and pecans, yes please. Visiting from Foodie Friday and am a new follower. Would not want to miss what your cooking up! Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great post. I was wondering if you would like to put up a link to this apple recipe in my Food on Friday Series.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great that you put in the link. Have a nice week.

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! Your comments mean alot to me!