Thursday, May 31, 2012

Grilled Shrimp with Orange Mustard Dressing

It has been a week I tell you. I can’t wait until it is over. I went the other day to visit my grandmother who has Alzheimers and she looks so bad of course she is 84. She is to the point she is just about bed ridden . That is so hard to see because she was such an active person. Her breathing is so hard and they say it is causing her to be so tired. I know only God knows how long we will be on this earth, but I do not think she will be here much longer. It amazes me because just two weeks ago she and I had the most coherent conversation we have had in forever.
Then last night we go to church and my daughter has a huge melt down at church. It was terrible, she knocked things over and hit her cousin. She is so strong it is even hard for even my husband to handle her. He took her home and nearly run him off the road because she was kicking all the way home. We don’t have these meltdowns very often because the medicine she is on, but when we do they are so frustrating. My husband finally just broke down. He has always been so strong for me but It just got to him. I ask you to pray for us that God just takes control.
Then I get home and my dog can hardly walk. Something to do with her paw. I can’t see anything. I feel so bad because I
I did have a wonderful supper last night. With it being summer, I really do not like to turn on the oven to heat my house. I love a nice cool salad. To me nothing feels like summer except citrus. So I made a shrimp salad and turned my mustard vinaigrette into an orange mustard dressing. It is so yummy.
Grilled Shrimp Salad with Orange Mustard Dressing

 
  1. 1lb shrimp
  2. favorite lettuce or baby spinach
  3. red bell pepper sliced
  4. red onion sliced
  5. tomato diced
Grill shrimp until completely cooked. Shrimp do not take long to cook just until they are pink and are not translucent any more approximately 3-4 minutes per side. Do not overcook or they become chewy. Combine other ingredients in a bowl and plate and place shrimp on top of plate. Pour orange mustard dressing on top.
Orange Mustard Dressing
  • 1/3 cup of a fresh orange juice (about half of large naval orange)
  • 1 T sugar
  • 1 T Whole Grain Dijon Mustard
  • 2/3 cup of oil
  • 1 tsp of garlic powder
  • 1 tsp of oregano
  • 1/2 tsp of onion powder.
  • salt and pepper to taste
Combine orange juice, sugar, mustard garlic powder, oregano,onion powder together. Slowly whisk in the oil until combined completely. Salt and pepper to taste.
Miz Helen’s Country Cottage

1 comment:

  1. Hi Beverly,
    Your Dressing for the Shrimp looks awesome! Hope you are having a great week end and thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday.
    Come Back Soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! Your comments mean alot to me!