Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Tasty Tuesday: Grilled Pepper Jack and Basil with Parmesan Crust

I have to get myself back on the exercising bandwagon. I have not been to the gym in over a week. I have just been so busy with the walk that I did not have time to guy so exercising and my diet went out the window  the last week.  This weekend we had a fifth Sunday sing and dinner on the grounds plus a cake auction for our youth group. It went really well and we raised over 600 dollars but with all of that food and dessert, I know I gained a pound or so Sad smile
I know, I am late on the bandwagon with this recipe and I am sorry. Last month was National Grilled Cheese Month and I am now posting a recipe. I have been so busy last month, I just did not have a chance to make one. I didn’t realize how well basil went with grilled cheese, it takes a simple sandwich to a whole new level.

Grilled Pepper Jack and Basil Sandwich with Parmesan Crust

grilled pepper jack cheese
  • 2 slices of bread ( I used sarah lee 45 calorie per slice bread)
  • 2 slices of  pepper jack (used sargento low fat cheese)
  • basil leaves
  • parkay spray margarine (zero calories)
  • 2 T of shredded parmesan
Spray a cast iron pan with nonstick canola spray and preheat on medium. assemble sandwich and spray top of sandwich with margarine and add 1 T of parmesan. Turn face down on preheated pan. While that side cooks spray the other side of  bread and add the  other Tablespoon of parmesan. Cook until golden brown on both sides and cheese is melted in the middle.

Here is a preview of a recipe coming on Friday
This month is national burger month though, I would love to try some new recipes please link up to your favorite recipe and I may choose to feature it on my blog!
TastyTuesday200pix
Tempt my Tummy Tuesdays
Tasty Tuesday

1 comment:

  1. Yum! I love basil with anything - but especially cheese!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! Your comments mean alot to me!