Friday, June 8, 2012

Blueberry Crumble Bars

 

I am sorry for such an empty week of post, but I had a very special uncle pass away this week and I had to go out of town unexpectedly. He was mentally challenged, but he was so special. He has been bed ridden for 14 years and has never been able to speak.  He was  born in a time when  you had a child that had special needs that were just put in a home and forgotten but not my grandmother. She took care of him until the day she died. My uncle then took over responsibility and took care of him. I know that he is okay and is now with his momma so I am not sad. I ask for prayers for my uncle who is having a really hard time because he gave up his whole life to take care of him!   I love you Jerry!

I made these blueberry crumble bars last week with the intention of posting on Monday but you know things happen.  This recipe comes from the free Gooseberry Patch E book that I posted last week on facebook last week.

Blueberry Crumble Bars

Blueberry-Crumble-Bars

 

1 1/2 cups of sugar divided

3 cups all purpose flour

1 t. baking powder

1/4 t. salt

1/8 t cinnamon

1 c shortening

1 egg, beaten

1 T cornstarch

4 C blueberries

stir Together one cup sugar, flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Use a pastry cutter or  forks to cut in shortening and egg:  Pat half the dough evenly in the bottom of a 9 x13 pan. set aside  In a separate bowl, stir together cornstarch and remaining sugar; gently fold in berries. Sprinkle blueberry mixture evenly over dough, crumble remaining dough over top of blueberries. Bake 375 degrees for  45 minutes .  Cool Completely before cutting into bars ( I know it is hard  to resist but from my own experience please do this). All I can say is yummy.

I'm Lovin' It at TidyMom sshbutton SixSistersStuff.com

7 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your uncle Beverly. I'm glad to hear he's back with his Momma. An on a separate note, these Blueberry Crumble bars look super yummy. Can't wait to try the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry to know of your uncle. How great he had such a special place in your life. I love blueberries and would really enjoy these yummy bars. So glad you shared and thanks for linking up at Weekend Potluck! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummy this looks so good. I need to try it soon.

    Love your blog

    Check out my food blog if you haven’t already :)

    http://www.thedailysmash101.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are sorry for your loss! And these look absolutely wonderful! Thanks for taking the time to link up with us on "Strut Your Stuff Saturday!" We hope to see you next week! -The Sisters

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry about your Uncle. I'm sure it is comforting to know he is with his momma again, and what a special person she was as well! Thanks for sharing these delicious looking blueberry bars at the Weekend Potluck. Can't wait to see what you bring this week!
    ~Kim

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! Your comments mean alot to me!