Thursday, June 7, 2012

Crazy Cooking Challenge: Sunny Hawaiian Smoothie

Photobucket
Here was my mission, I chose to accept. I was to find a smoothie recipe from another blog  to create and  post about it. I looked High and low for a Smoothie Recipe that I would enjoy and I found it at The Daily Dish Recipes. What an awesome blog, there are tons of awesome recipes. One of the ones I know I will be making is this Alabama Fire Cracker recipe. There were a couple of smoothie recipes, but this one just screamed summer and it reminded me a little bit of an Orange Julius.  All I can say is this smoothie made me feel like I was in the tropics!

Sunny Hawaiian Smoothie

Smoothie
  • 1 cup of orange juice
  • 1 can of crushed pineapple with juice ( I used small can because size wasn’t specified)
  • 2 medium bananas
  • 2 tsp sugar
  • 1 carton of plain vanilla yogurt (used a small yoplait)
  • 1 cup of ice
  • optional splash of grenadine for color
Add Ice, pineapple, sugar and bananas to blender and blend till smooth; add orange juice and yogurt.
I have to say this was really yummy . I have made it twice since I got the recipe. If you are looking for something sweet, cool and refreshing, this is the recipe. Please stop by The Daily Dish Recipes and check out the other recipes and let them know you were sent by my blog!

6 comments:

  1. I see why this smoothie made you feel like you were in the tropics. Sounds really yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooooh, YUM! Right up my alley! Wonder how great it would be with some coconut milk or coconut cream added :D Would probably take it right out of the realm of breakfast and into the dessert category though. Or... coconut rum. Oh yeah! Definitely not for breakfast that way :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your smoothie sounds tropical delicious.

    If you haven't already, I'd love for you to check out my CCC entry: Mango Melon Banana & Chia Smoothie.

    Lisa~~
    Cook Lisa Cook

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your recipe looks delicious I'm going to try it out. Thanks
    for the recipes I am really enjoying clicking thru to some of
    these tasty treats!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish I were on a beach drinking this right now! Sounds so refreshing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This definitely sounds tropical! Yum!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! Your comments mean alot to me!