Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Happy Fourth of July and homemade cookie cake and Pepperoni Pasta Salad

Happy Fourth of July, sorry for such a long break between postings! I have been so busy with everything that has been going on this past month. I probably will not be able to post again until next week sometime as I am going out of town to help my sister move.

My son's birthday is actually Monday since my sister and her family will be leaving Friday we decided to go ahead and integrate his birthday with our fourth of July party. He loves the cookie cakes, but they are so expensive. I decided that I would make my own cookie cake. I have to say it was so simple and tasted just like what you buy!



I know my decorating is to be desired, but it turned out so well. It was on a 16 inch pizza pan!

The recipe was from here!


Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake
  • 1 cup packed brown sugar
    • 1 cup butter, softened (not melted)
  • 1 cup white sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
  • 3 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 2 teaspoons hot water
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 2 cups semi sweet chocolate chips
  • 1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)


. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. Cream together butter, white sugar, and brown sugar until smooth. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla. Dissolve baking soda in hot water. Add to the batter along with the salt. Stir in flour, chocolate chips, and nuts (optional). Spread onto a un- greased 16 inch pizza pan
3. The recipe said to bake for about 10 minutes in the preheated oven but mine actually took about 15 minutes longer, or until the edges are slightly browned.

my mom decided to bring pasta salad  and all I can say is yum. She changed it up and I think you will love it too

sorry about photo's had to use my camera phone because battery was dead in my real camera!



Pepperoni Pasta Salad

1 lb of rotini pasta
1 cup of diced deli pepperoni, you want it cut thick 
1 cup of  cubed provolone cheese
1 cucumber seeded and diced
1 bottle of italian dressing
salt and pepper to taste

Cook pasta according to directions on box, rinse well add rest of ingredients and chill well



linking to I am lovin it












No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! Your comments mean alot to me!