Monday, July 23, 2012

Pizza Pasta and Menu Plan Monday

I can’t believe it this summer is just about to come to an end. I will have a junior in high school, which seems impossible and an 8th grader. Where does time fly. Got a message from the schools about picking up schedules and paying fee’s this week.  The next couple of weeks will be busy, between registering for school and getting school clothes and supplies, getting eye exams and taking our youth group to the zoo. It makes me tired just thinking about it.   How many of you guys are in the back to school mode?
I tried a recipe yesterday that I know you are going to love. It was one on pinterest that I added my little spin on and you could actually make this a thousand ways. It is pizza pasta. Kids will love this recipe, it is so yummy.

Pizza Pasta

adapted from http://everydaymomsmeals.blogspot.com/2012/03/carb-loading.html
pizza pasta
1 small onion diced
1/2 bell pepper diced
1 lb of ground beef
1 cup of pepperoni diced plus a few whole to top pizza
24 ounce jar of pizza sauce
1 box of spiral pasta
1 bag of shredded mozzerella cheese
1/2 tsp of italian seasoning

preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cook pasta according to directions set aside in pan. In sauté pan on stove, brown ground beef with peppers, onions and pepperoni and drain. Add 1 cup of sauce in with the pasta and one cup of sauce in with the meat mixture, also add the Italian seasoning in the meat mixture.. In the bottom of a 9x13 pan spread a light layer of pasta sauce. Next layer half of the pasta, then half of the meat, then half of cheese. Repeat and then place the whole pepperoni on top of the final layer of cheese. Bake 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Serve with side salad and garlic bread!
My additions where the bell peppers and onions, you could alter this to fit any kind of pizza taste. You could use half hamburger, half sausage, or you could make it a Hawaiian pizza pasta by using Canadian bacon instead of pepperoni and adding pineapple. You could add olives if you like, it is only limited to your imagination. Kids will absolutely love this!

Menu Plan Monday
orgjunkie_banner
Monday: Leftovers
Tuesday: Southwestern Quiche
Wednesday: Left Overs
Thursday: Herbed Pork Roast
Friday: Pork Roast Fried Rice
Saturday: zoo Trip and Bday Dinner
Sunday: Grilled Chicken and Veggies
Monday: baked fish and veggies
Tuesday; Grilled Chicken Sausages with peppers
My entry into the Share It Link Party at The Winthrop Chronicles is sponsored by Appliances Online and their best Range Cookers.
made by you monday
Melt in your Mouth Monday


Mixitup

2 comments:

  1. It is hard to believe that summer is almost over! This pasta dish looks delicious and the kids would love it (I have four going back to school). Thanks so much for sharing at Mix it up Monday :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, I'm stopping by from Organizing Junkie today.
    You have some wonderful meals planned this week.
    I have a 20 yr old so back to school time doesn't really affect me anymore. I was recently telling him I couldn't believe how I was able to work a fulltime job, dealing with the house, him, hubby, school and activities. I get tired thinking of those days.
    The humidity has arrived in Las Vegas. It has me wishing for our dry hot days.
    Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! Your comments mean alot to me!