Saturday, August 11, 2012

Cheaters Apple Pie filled doughnuts

I have had this idea forever and I finally got a chance this morning to actually get it done. I love Krispy Kreme doughnuts and I especially love the apple filled ones so I thought I could make a semi copy cat one at home. No since it uses canned biscuits, it is not exactly the same but it is really, really good! If you are looking for a precise recipe, this is not one of those but it also leaves you with many options because you could use any type of filling you want.

 Cheaters Apple Pie Filled Doughnuts
1 pkg of grands biscuits

 1 can of apple pie filling (place in blender to make sure that the apples are finely chopped) or use apple sauce or any other filling you would like.
 sugar (rolling doughnuts in)
 oil (enough to fill large pan no more than half way)
filling tip and pastry bag (not sure the number on the tip but it is the really long skinny one)


In a large heavy pan pre heat oil until 350 degrees. While that is preheating put sugar in one bowl, you can also add a tad of cinnamon to sugar if you would like. Also while oil is pre heating prepare your pastry bag and filling. When oil is up to temperature place 2 doughnuts in oil at a time and fry until golden brown on both sides, making sure that the dough is fully cooked. Drain each one on a paper towel and then roll in sugar and fill.

1 comment:

  1. These look so delicious!! I would love for you to link up to my linky party at The Mandatory Mooch. Still open for another day!!

    http://www.mandatorymooch.blogspot.com/2012/08/tasty-thursdays-3.html

    Thanks, Nichi

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! Your comments mean alot to me!