Sunday, August 5, 2012

Homemade Pasta

So my birthday was last week and I have been asking for a pasta machine so that is what my parents got me for my birthday. I had to wait until yesterday to get it because they ordered it through amazon. It landed on the front porch yesterday so I knew exactly what I would be making! Alfredo Pasta.  Here are some of the pictures of the process!

 

Here is the final result

dinners

 

I am actually glad I started early because it takes a while to make.

Homemade Pasta Dough

2 1/2 cups of flour

3 eggs

If you have a blender dump it all in and when it starts to look like crumbs, dump it out on a floured container and knead the dough until it is smooth. Then wrap the dough and let rest for about 30 minutes.

when it is ready you pull of a 1/4 inch of dough and flatten it with your fingers. Run it through the widest setting (on mine it was a 7) 3 or 4 times, then fold in thirds and run it through another 3 or four times. Then move your setting down the next widest and do the same thing except folding it (run it through about 4 or 5 times) continue to do that until you get town to the narrowest setting(ravioli, angel hair pasta, tortellini  or next to narrowest setting (spaghetti, fettuccini).

I can’t wait to get a ravioli attachment for it. I do have to say though, the pasta is so much better homemade!

This is my go to Alfredo Sauce

Do you make homemade pasta, do you have a really good recipe? Please share it in the comments section because I love to make new things!.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! Your comments mean alot to me!