Thursday, August 2, 2012

Salami, Ham and Homemade Guacamole Sub!

 

WOO, I am tired. I spent the day getting the last minute stuff for my kids to start back to stuff and it gets expensive. Started off early with a trip to target to look for a backpack for my son, but did not find one he liked.  Next, we went to Kohl's and was able to get my son a T-shirt and my daughter a pair of capris and a top for 30 bucks, not bad since the capris were originally 50 dollars.  The last thing we had to do was get the kids shoes.  My son officially has ski’s for feet. I took him to the shoe store today and he is now in a men’s size 13 shoe. Thought I was going to get a good deal at the shoe store with a buy one get one 1/2 off deal but ended up spending a ton because I misread the signs and with my daughter on the verge of a meltdown, I was not about to push the envelope.  Finally found my son a back pack 34.00 for one that will fit him, that is crazy. Granted it says lifetime warranty but still that is ridiculous.  Then a final stop at Chik-Fil-A, it was 10:30 and the line was around the building. All in all a good day but I am glad it is done, because I am officially broke. I can’t imagine having more than 2 in school you would have to sell your possessions to pay for all the stuff they need.

I was in the grocery store last night looking for something good to make for supper because you know you get tired of the same old thing over and over again,  and I saw this deli pack of Oscar Meyer Salami and Ham sub kit (not getting paid by Oscar Meyer, this is personal opinion) . I thought it sounded good so I decided to make a sub for dinner, then we get to the produce section and my husband decided he wanted to make some guacamole and we just put the two together and this is what we come up with. This would make an awesome school lunch for an older child, just make the guacamole non spicy!

Salami, Ham and Spicy Guacamole Sub

 salami,ham, and guacamole sub!

 

Sub Rolls
1 pkg of oscar meyer ham and salami (made in layers specifically for subs)
lettuce
tomato

White Cheddar and Jalapeno Cheese Slices
Homemade Guacamole* Recipe Below


Preheat oven to 350 or use broiler(if using broiler watch carefully)
Cut sub in half add one layer of the ham and salami next cheese on top one slice of sub
lay sub open faced in oven until cheese is melted and bread is toasted.
Remove from oven and next add lettuce and tomato. Next slather a layer of guacamole on the other side of the bread!
*

Homemade Spicy Guacamole


2 avocados
5 cloves of garlic
1 pkg of extra spicy guacamole mix
1 lime juiced
2 jalapeno's seeds and all
1 Roma tomato
salt and pepper to taste
Blend until smooth or to the texture you like. If you don't like spicy just by original mix and leave out jalapeno's

Ultimate Recipe Swap

Full Plate Thursday

4 comments:

  1. Hi,

    I have a quick question about your blog, do you think you could e-mail me?

    Jillian

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Beverly Lee,
    What a great Sub that is just packed with awesome flavor! Hope you have a great week end and thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday.
    Come Back Soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the sub! I'd love you to share this on Southern Sundays linky party tomorrow. Everyone would surely love it! Hope to see you there. www.alsiceofsouthern.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there. This week's Food on Friday is all about ham. So it would be great if you linked this in. This is the link . Have a good week.

    PS I am following you now. If you like Carole's Chatter it would be great if you followed me back.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! Your comments mean alot to me!