Sunday, September 9, 2012

Grilled Banana Splits

For the first time in a while, my daughter stayed the night with my mom so we were able to have a date night! It has been really needed because my daughter has been having some major meltdowns this summer! Sometimes autism really just sucks! We had seen a logan's roadhouse commercial for a 4 course meal for 11.99 but when we got there it is only on Mon-Thursday's which was really a bummer. We went early so it was still happy hour which for us was a wonderful thing because they had wings for 5o cents each and a huge order of nacho's for 5 dollars. All I have to say is those Parmesan-Garlic wings were awesome. Here is  a picture of the nacho's

these nacho's could feed 4 people easily!

Then we left there and went to a pastry shop that I have been dying to try for a while and this is what we got!

so yummy and we sat out on the patio and listened to a local band play. It was a well needed night.

The next day we stayed with my grandmother who is now on hospice while my mom took the kids shopping and then after they got back we went home and  made dinner and then dessert. I have seen this on other blogs and I was thinking about it and apparently my husband was thinking the same thing (don't you just love it when you are both on the same wave length!

Grilled Banana Splits




banana
chocolate chips
mini marshmallows
foil

Leaving the peel on, take a sharp knife sliding it down the banana almost through but not quite all the way. Pull the banana slit slightly apart and fill with chocolate chips then top with marshmallows (we did it backwards, but I think it would work better this way so the chocolate does not stick to foil)  wrap banana tightly and grill on stove top grill for about 5 to 10 minutes flipping over half way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! Your comments mean alot to me!