Monday, September 24, 2012

Sharp Chedder Baked Mac and Cheese.

I love a baked Mac and Cheese. I am not one in love with those that are real milky and american cheese type, nor do I like a boxed Mac and Cheese.  Give me a baked mac and cheese with real cheese and I am happy. My problem with some of the baked ones I have tried is they are too dry. I have been working on a baked mac and cheese for a while and I really believe I have found the one.  This one uses the Cabot's Extra Sharp cheese!  If you have never tried it, it is a must. Once you have eaten this brand you will never want Kraft again and it is actually cheaper.





Sharp Cheddar Baked Mac and Cheese!
Sharp Cheddar Baked Mac N Cheese

  • 1 and 1/2 blocks of Cabot Sharp Cheddar cheese shredded
  • 1/2 Parmesan
  • 1 Tablespoon and 1 tsp of grainy mustard
  • 6 cups of milk
  • 6 Tablespoons of Flour
  • 6 Tablespoons of butter
  • 1lb pkg of elbow macaroni
  • 1 tsp of salt
  • 1/2 tsp of pepper
Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray a 9x13 pan .



Cook macaroni according to package. While macaroni is cooking, in a saucepan on medium heat,melt butter and whisk flour and butter for a couple of minutes . Next slowly add in milk whisking as you go to make sure that you get all the flour and milk mixed thoroughly. Next add mustard, salt and pepper. Continue stirring and cooking until mixture gets thick. When mixture has thickened add all of your cheese and combine thoroughly, cook on low about 5 more minutes. Add in your macaroni and pour into prepared pan and cover with topping and extra cheese.

  • Topping
  • 1 cup of Italian Style Bread Crumbs
  • 3 Tablespoons of butter melted
  • 1/2 block of Cabot cheese for topping

  • Mix bread crumbs and melted butter and spread over top of macaroni and cheese and then top with the extra cheese.

Bake approximately 40 minutes.













Monday: leftovers


Tuesday: Grilled Chicken Thigh's Frozen veggies


Wednesday: Leftovers


Thursday: Grilled Fish and veggies

Friday:  Grilled Pork Chops and Veggies
Saturday: Crockpot Country Style Ribs


1 comment:

  1. So so good. I doubled the cheese as suggested by the comments and used Panko on the top. I used Cabot Extra Sharp cheese and Penne pasta. I was out of milk but had heavy cream, so I used half cream and half water. Some of the best Mac and cheese I have ever had.
    Emilia spare parts

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! Your comments mean alot to me!