Saturday, January 26, 2013

Homemade Spinach Pesto


I love pesto! I do not, however, like store bought pesto. I am not sure why, I think  it is too strong for me. I wanted to make my own, but the grocery stores around here only sell those small packs of basil and it would cost a fortune to use those so I decided to use spinach! All I have to say is yummy, it is delicious.
Homemade Spinach Pesto

IMG_5611 copy 2

Printable Recipe

1/3 a bag of spinach (just eye ball it)
3 cloves of garlic (if you do not like a real garlic taste, I would go with 2, I love garlic!)
1/2 cup of walnuts toasted
1/3 cup of water
2/3 cup of shredded parmesan (just used the kind in the bag)
1/2 lemon juiced
3 Tablespoons of  olive oil
Salt and Pepper to taste!
Place all ingredients in a food processor or blender and puree!


   This stuff is good on sandwiches, or pasta, or use as part of a crostini!  Heck, I was just eating this plain Smile
Speaking of food processors!

     I bought a black and decker 7 cup food processor at sears over Christmas and I love it. I knew I would because I had a 10 cup one and used it until it fell apart. This one was on sale for only 25 dollars and I know I will wear it out.
 I would love a Kitchen Aid or Cuisinart one but don’t have the big bucks for those. If you are looking for a really nice food processor without spending a ton of money, check out  Black and Decker. (my own opinion, not getting paid)I know many people think food processors are just another appliance, but you can do so much with this. You can slice, and shred (now I sound like an knife commercial Smile, use it for pizza dough  and pie doughs. I am not one to spend money on something I can’t multipurpose.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! Your comments mean alot to me!